Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Stand Up and Make the Right Decision

This is a poem I wrote on October 19, 2009. It's a poem about looking past the rhetoric and the twisting of the facts that take place over the course of an election campaign.


Doomsday could soon be near
Only in the wrong decision is made
Nothing could force me to make that mistake
Try as you might, you'll never change my mind


Vindictiveness is here
Or, it would be if I allowed it in
Together, we can keep the scourge away
Elevate the truth as it comes to light


Forget the rhetoric
Only listen to what is in your heart
Remember what has happened in the past
Evade all the lies and the deception


Join me as we stand up
Only together can our voice be heard
Hold on to your beliefs, think with your head
No longer will the lies distort the truth


We'll all work together
Instead of fighting against each other
Seems we've become a little wiser now
Eagerly, we'll start our lives anew

No comments:

Post a Comment