Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Permanent Solution

This is a poem I wrote back in 1991, when I was 16 years old. I was inspired to write this one after watching an episode of Degrassi High that dealt with the issue of suicide. It's from the point of view of someone trying to convince a friend not to commit suicide.


There's no telling
What you're feeling inside
But if you're willing
You can tell me
How you feel
I'll understand
If you tell me to let you be
But perhaps you need a helping hand


Your parents split
And it's hard to handle
You think this is it
Nothing to live for
Nothing's right
There's nothing left
And there's no hope behind the door
And your escape is death


Don't end it all
There's so much to live for
Just don't take that fall
Look at your life
See what's there
See what you find
Look how you've overcome your strife
Just look into your mind


Just don't rely on a permanent solution...

No comments:

Post a Comment