Thursday, September 3, 2015

Trying to Go On

This is a poem I wrote in the mid-1990s. It's from the point of view of a speaker who's trying to move on with their life after ending a relationship, but the other person keeps trying to come back into the speaker's life.


Here you come once again into my life
Walking in and out like a revolving door
Don't you know it cuts me like a knife?
Please don't do it anymore


You seem to think you have me on a string
You seem to think I'm your personal yo-yo
I don't want any part of this thing
So I ask you to let go


Don't you know that you're driving me crazy
And that you're no longer any good for me?
Is there any way that you can see?
I ask you to let me be


I only want to go on with my life
And to put our relationship in the past
I want to make it through all this strife
Can't you see our time has passed?

No comments:

Post a Comment