Monday, September 21, 2015

With All My Love

This started out as lyrics I wrote for a Jem fanfiction story back in the late 1990s/early 2000s. A few years back, I decided to re-work the lyrics as a poem, and I wrote this version on November 5, 2007. It's from the point of view of a person who has lost a lover, and how these words go out to that person with all their love.


Life can really surprise you sometimes
Things can change so fast
I always though our love would last
But now you're gone...
Time should help my broken heart mend
But this doesn't have to be the end


You don't know what the Fates have in store
Life's a mystery
And now you should be here with me
But now you're gone...
You are looking down upon me
I know in my heart you'll always be


This goes out from me to you
With all my love

No comments:

Post a Comment