Monday, March 2, 2015

Survival

This started out as lyrics I wrote with my sister in the mid-1980s, and I used the title when I wrote a poem in the early 1990s. When I re-read the poem a few years back, I wasn't happy with how it turned out. I wrote this version of the poem on November 9, 2009, and it's about trying to survive in life when times are hard.


In these dark times, it can be hard to survive
Some have to forage for their food
While others have to struggle to make a dime
It's enough to make you want to brood


Some sell their bodies, while others sell their soul
In order to make their ends meet
Sometimes, it all seems to be out of control
And the world seem to be incomplete


So what can we do to bring about a change?
No one should be living this way
We can we do in order to rearrange
Our lives and bring about better days?

No comments:

Post a Comment