Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Things Happen So Soon

This started out as lyrics my sister and I wrote in the mid-1980s, and I used the title when I wrote a poem in the early 1990s. When I re-read the poem a few years back, I wasn't happy with how it had turned out. I wrote this version of the poem on November 24, 2009, and it's about how the unexpected seems to happen and how people can be caught off-guard.


Unexpected surprises lurk around every corner
And pop out at you when you least expect them to
Yes, I know that you'll be caught off-guard
But just remember that things happen so soon


It doesn't matter what age, race, or gender that you are
Nasty surprises can hit you out of the blue
Get on your feet and dust yourself off
And remind yourself that things happen so soon

No comments:

Post a Comment