Saturday, January 3, 2015

Insanity

I originally wrote this poem in the early 1990s. When I re-read it a few years back, I wasn't happy with how it had turned out. I wrote this version of the poem on May 11, 2009. It's a poem where the speaker is accusing someone of being insane. This is one of the poems I've written that isn't inspired by something or someone in my own life. Instead, it's a case of me using my imagination and trying to imagine what it would be like to be someone else in a different situation.


You like to say I'm crazy
And that there's no hope for me
But just look at you and your vanity
Personally, I think that's insanity


Think I should be locked away
And you'll have a better day
But I can see the truth with clarity
That you're the one dealing with insanity

No comments:

Post a Comment