Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It'll Hit Without Warning

This originally started out as lyrics my sister and I wrote in the mid-1980s. I used the title in the early 1990s to write a poem; however, when I re-read the poem a few years back, I wasn't happy with how it had turned out. I wrote this version of the poem on April 27, 2009. It's about being unexpectedly struck by something bad happening in your life.


You go along
Thinking everything is fine
You can't see
Any trouble coming down the line
But then, something happens
And hits without warning


You feel like
The wind's been knocked out of you
And you wonder
What it is that you must do
In order to deal with
What has hit without warning


You realize
That life must go on
And you know
That you have to be strong
To be able to move on
From what hit without warning

No comments:

Post a Comment