Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Enchantment

This started out as lyrics my sister and I wrote together in the mid-1980s, and I used the title a few years later to write a poem in the early 1990s. When I re-read this poem a few years back, I wasn’t happy with how it had turned out. I wrote this version of the poem on February 2, 2009. It's from the point of view of someone who's fallen in love, but wonders if the other person feels the same way about them.


Is it just me
Or do you feel something in the air?
I only seem to feel it
When you're around
It seems as if
You've put a spell on me
And enchanted my heart and mind


Is it just me
Or do you feel the same way I do?
Is this just all in my mind
Or is this true?
Have you really
Thought we could be a pair?
Or am I living in a dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment