Saturday, November 22, 2014

Faithful Forever

This originally started out as lyrics my sister and I wrote together in the mid-1980s, but at that time was titled, “Faithful ‘Til Always.” When I went to write a poem in the 1990s, I decided that I didn’t quite like the original title, so I changed it to “Faithful Forever.” When I re-read my poem a few years ago, I wasn’t entirely happy with how it turned out. I wrote this version of the poem on March 9, 2009, and it's about being faithful to the one you love. I've been married for almost 18 years now, and I'm proud to say that I've remained faithful to my husband for all these years. :) I’m looking forward to spending even more years together with him. :)


Since we first met
I've been faithful
And true to you
If you should ever doubt
I want you to know
And I want you to remember
That I will always be true
And that I will be faithful forever

No comments:

Post a Comment